What has been accomplished?
The pipeline explosion in Bellingham on June 10, 1999 was like a pebble in a calm pool with the ripples of change slowly spreading across our community, the state, and the nation. Here are some of the accomplishments that have sprung from efforts started here in Bellingham.
- Improvements in Federal Pipeline Safety
- Improvements in Washington State Pipeline Safety
- Permanent, Independent, National Advocacy for Pipeline Safety
- Restoration of Whatcom Creek
- Emergency Responder Training
- Protection of Habitat and New Parks
- A Flyfishing School is Born
- A New Student Recreation Center at WWU