Technical Assistance in Contra Costa County, California
At the request of the Alamo Improvement Association, the Pipeline Safety Trust provided technical assistance to the Contra Costa County community throughout 2015, participating in two public education forums on petroleum pipeline safety in the region and developing a report on the same subject.
More details on the public education forums (held June 3 and 6, 2015) are available by viewing the video of the second forum, or viewing meeting documents and presentations (pdf files), as well as the final report:
- Report: Pipeline Safety in Alamo and Surrounding Areas within Contra Costa County, California
- Public Education Forum agenda
- Forum Presentation – Pipeline Safety Trust (Carl Weimer)
- Forum Presentation – CA Office of the State Fire Marshal (Bob Gorham)
- Forum Presentation – Kinder Morgan (Pete Murphy)
- Forum Presentation – Contra Costa County Public Works (Carrie Ricci)
The Alamo Improvement Association also has information on their website about this project. Additional resources are available from the Contra Costa County Hazardous Materials Program Ombudsman, Michael Kent, accessed through the Program’s website.