The Trust publishes a variety of types of documents from time to time. We have a newsletter, where we try to keep the public updated on pipeline safety issues, recent incidents and reports, and Trust news; we occasionally publish longer reports, either under a specific grant award, or at the request of a community. We also have co-authored reports with other groups and technical experts on various pipeline safety issues. Use the search function to find older documents, some published by other individuals and organizations.
Briefing Papers, Guides and Newsletters
- Briefing Papers
- Guide to Pipeline Safety Rulemaking (2016)
- Landowner’s Guide to Pipelines (updated 2016)
- Local Government Guide to Pipelines (2014)
Technical Analysis Commissioned by the Pipeline Safety Trust
- Evidence-Based Risk Communication and Pipeline Public Awareness (2017) by Wider Lens Research LLC
- Pipeline Blowdown Emissions and Mitigation Options, (2016) by MJ Bradley and Associates
- A Review, Analysis and Comments on Engineering Critical Assessments as proposed in PHMSA’s Proposed Rule on Safety Of Gas Transmission and Gathering Pipelines, (2016)by Richard Kuprewicz, Accufacts, Inc.
- Tar Sands Pipeline Safety Risks (2011) by Richard Kuprewicz, Accufacts, Inc.
- General Observations on the Myth of a Best International Pipeline Standard (2007) by Richard Kuprewicz, Accufacts, Inc.
- A Simple Perspective on Excess Flow Valve Effectiveness in Gas Distribution System Service Lines (2005) by Richard Kuprewicz, Accufacts, Inc.
- Observations on the Application of Smart Pigging on Transmission Pipelines (2005) by Richard Kuprewicz, Accufacts, Inc.