The Pipeline Safety Trust promotes fuel transportation safety through education and advocacy, by increasing access to information, and by building partnerships with residents, safety advocates, government, and industry, that result in safer communities and a healthier environment.
A Vision for Our Communities
* Communities where residents feel safe from the hazards of energy infrastructure,
* Communities where residents trust their government to protect them from hazards,
* Government authorities that are proactive and innovative in their approaches to accident prevention,
* Energy production, distribution and consumption that is consistent with sustainable development principles,
* Energy and utility industries that are partners in promoting community safety and environmental protection, and
* Washington State as a model for increased community safety through education, outreach, and partnerships among communities, governments and industry
A Vision for Our Organization
The Pipeline Safety Trust provides:
* Effective, innovative, long-term solutions to community safety,
* Credible and timely information on fuel transportation safety
* Independent comment and advice to communities, government and industry,
* Inclusive partnership opportunities among residents, safety advocates, government and industry, and
* Accessible and inclusive opportunities to improve public safety and environmental protection.
We see the Pipeline Safety Trust establishing a culture of best practices to ensure that the Pipeline Safety Trust can achieve its mission with excellence over time and in changing conditions.
The Board and staff of the Pipeline Safety Trust value:
* Public safety and public interest
* Trust and credibility,
* Fearless independence,
* Inclusiveness and accessibility,
* Proactive strategies